- Major re-factoring for communicating with the database. Instead of reserving 10 connections, the CRLW now uses one connection and a connection pool to open and close the connections.
- fix for SQL exception -15,15
- fix for SQL exception DateTimeFilter (time zone setting after reading configuration file)
- database initialization for a new instance needed a fix to create the sequence number table
- Entry.jsp: the warning when making an entry without selecting a topic was removed. This patch returns the warning.
- Added configuration parameter to request authentication for reading entries (default is authenticate for writing entries only)
- Bug fix: Index does not show on startup - fixed
- Index page left window never wraps
- Reduced space on the left for making a new entry
- Search: change the order and wording on Keywords and Word search
- Add static text to list the common HTML tags
- Fixed to RSS sequence number, for entries that have attache files
- Added mail sender as a configuration parameter
- Added RSS feed
- Fix to extra /// in config page
- Added redirect from Annotation and Entry page
- Search bug fix
- Increased the entry text lines
- New Index page with collapsible topics
- Ability to add and close studies (i.e. new topics)
- Fixed the time zone bug
- New entry page with improved UI
- Fixed spelling mistakes
- Fixed direct access to SingleEntry.jsp
- Added the ability to attach a script to a form
- Show the annotations when one clicks on the single entry link.
- Fixed the two column sorting on the index page if there are more than 8 categories.
- Added the Memo Pad feature
- Removed the yucky buttons and replaced them with links
- Fixed the paging for a relative date search (for example paging back for Last-24 hour search is fixed)
- Changed the default view of entries when entering from the Index:
When one clicked on a category on the Index.jsp page, he saw the current shift's entries. If there were no entries for that shift the resulting page was blank. With this change you will see the last 15 entries in that category, no matter when they were entered. If you
click on All Categories, you will get the last 15 entries in the logbook. This is much better if the logbook has not been used for a while, for example during a shutdown, or if it is used to query/store archived entries.
NOTE: the previously saved searches of "Last N Entries' will no longer work, please regenerate these.
- Added an option to set the default view to last 15 entries or current shift.
- Clarified the search title and made the font larger
- Fix Bug: when choosing the last n entries for category c, returns now the last n entries in category c, rather than the entries in category c in the last n entries.
- Fix search for the last 'N' Entries and paging fore ward and backward
- Allow image names with "." in name other than the "."
before the extension
- Added the page background color option
- Added text background color option
- Bug fix in Menu.java for iteration over submenus.
- Catch session timeout when logging in and out.
- Catch session expiration in Annotation.jsp
- Added error message for entry note saved
- Added check for missing @ sign in email when editing or adding users
Speed improvement: each entry is written to the html text as it is retrieved. This allows the user to start reading entries while others are retrieved.
The login name is now displayed on the Admin page user list.
The text fields on the Search.jsp page have been made longer (256 char) to accommodate combining categories with long names.
Changed Preview.jsp so that it getEntryText matches the parameter list. This error was introduced when I added the Move Entry feature in the last release.
Increased buffer size in getFormText to 50,000, was 20,000 and too short. This allows for longer forms.
Allowed for relative sequence number saved search. When one saves a sequence number search, for instance "the last 20 entires" it is now relative, so that when new entries are added, it will retrieve the last 20 entries.
Moving Entries From One Category/Topic To Another
It is now possible for a user with admin privileges to move entries from one topic to another. To do so, log in and if you have admin privileges an Admin button will be visible on the Index page. Press the Admin button and on the next page press the Move Entries button. On the resulting page (the MoveEntries page) there are two tables. On the left, there is a list of the current entries, on the right a list of available topics. Select the entries to be moved, the topic to move them to, and click on Move Entries. Once the entry is moved it will automatically refresh and print a status statement. The entry is annotated with a time stamp and stating that it has been moved from A to B by you.
Check boxes for keywords
Instead of listing the keywords in a pull down menu, I have changed the layout to list each keyword with a check box. This way the keywords are all visible at once.
The session variable holding the form name was lost when the user hit the back
button to return to a form entry. This is now fixed.
Fix to current shift search. The 'current' parameter in the winq file was overwritten with the actual shift before the custom search was saved.
Show the navigation bar on the button based on the length of the log in bytes rather than the number of entries.
* note: v1_8_17 was not released to the FNAL users.
Automatic Refresh for the Log page
The Log.jsp page is now automatically refreshed every 15 minutes. When the search was for a particular shift, the shift is not changed, so if the shift has ended, you must manually step forward to get the next shift. If the search was on a relative time, for example every 24 hours, the window shifts to the most current 24 hours. The New Entry page which also shows the log, is not refreshed. If it were refreshed automatically, it would whipe out any entry text in progress.
Session Timeout Recovery
The session has a life time of 3 hours, this is so that the server does not get overloaded with abandoned sessions. In the past when a user made an entry, but did not save it and the session timed out, the entry was lost. I added a recovery page that prints the text. You can copy this text, log back on, and paste it into a new entry.
When a user entered the log page directly with the syntax Log?inquiry=my_search.winq he was redirected to the Index page. This is now fixed, and one can use this URL to access the log.
The Admin page was not protected with the uname and pw when accessed directly. This is now fixed.
Added error handling for the case when the CRLW is unable to read the winq files in the CRLWindex.
You can now change your CRL password on-line:
The CRLW Administrator can now add new user and change user information on-line. Log in (admin privileges are required) and go to the Index page. Press the Admin button. To edit a user's profile, select the user from the drop down list and click OK. Edit the fields and click Save. To add a new user, click "New User" and fill in the fields, then click Save.
The user's login name is the email address up to the @ sign.
For example my email is firstname.lastname@example.org, my user name is spanacek.
Users can not be deleted from the list, they can only be deactivated. The "Active User" check box at the left bottom is checked by default. To deactivate a user, un-check this box.
You can check the Admin Privileges box to give the user the ability to change the CRLW configuration, modify subscriptions, and add/change users.
The console CRL application separates "remote" privilege from simple "operator" privilege, where "remote" privileges enables one to make entries on-line. I have grouped these together in the CRLW, so that every active user is an operator with remote privileges.
When saving a custom search, the URL shown in the browser no longer showed the custom search file in the query string. This has been fixed in this release.
Subscriptions are now available for any topic and any HTML form. When you are
subscribed to a topic or form, you receive the entry/form via email when it
To see the current subscriptions click on the Subscriptions button. This brings up the page below. Then type an email address and click on "Show Subscription". On the left is the list of active topics for this log book, the ones with the green dot are being subscribed to by the email above. On the right is the list of forms.
If you do not have administrator privileges you can only view subscriptions and not change them. To subscribe or unsubscribe contact you CRLW administrator.
If you have administrator privileges, you can log in and modify the subscriptions from the subscription. You may add subscriptions for any email address, meaning the email does not have to be on the CRL user list.
The subscriptions are managed with mailing lists which are kept in a directory specified by the Log Book_admin/LogbookConfigParms.properties file. The parameter is: Logbook.file_location.mail_list_directory. It is conventionally set to:
Where C:/crl_apps/crl_admin is the directory that also contains Log Book_admin.
The mailing list directory contains an XML file for each topic and html form if there is at least one subscriber. Below is an example. You may edit the XML file directly rather than using the web interface.
<SUBJECT>Developement/Subscriptions-Subscriptions $D $T</SUBJECT>
Note that, XML forms, used by the Control Room Logbook Application can not be subscribed to by the CRLW.
You can close a topic to new entries by modifying the LogBook_admin/LogBookConfig.xml file. The <Topic> XML tag has an attribute called parm1, set this attribute to "closed". The CRLW will not allow any new entries to a topic with the parm1="closed", the topic will not be visible on the Index, but it will be available on the pick list of the search page. Also note that the CRL application is unaware of this flag and will allow new entries on that topic, it is only closed to the CRLW.
Here is an example of a closed topic tag:
<Topic class="logbook.MyInternalTopicFrame" name="General" size="80%,80%" offset="5%,5%" command="add_to_Menu_Page" double-click="logbook.logentry.LogEntryText" parm1="closed"> </Topic>
By default all topics are open, to open a closed topic just remove the line parm1="closed".
Added navigation bar to bottom of pages with entries (Log and Entry page)
There are three changes in this release that need retrofit work.
I moved the HTML forms so that CRLW directory contains no data, but only executables. This means that you have to move the html form:
I did this so we can have one installation of CRLW and have several webapps link to it with symbolic links. This way every webapp can have its own property file in the same directory. If you don't rename the properties file, you will be prompted to enter the properties again.
The Help file now resides on the CRL web site at: http://www-cpd.fnal.gov/CRL/crlwhelp/CRLW.htm. You can remove the directory: /webapps/your_webapp/Help and its subdirectories. Of course this is not mandatory, it's just good practice.
The Search page now has a pick list for searching for a particular form. Xml and html forms are included. The xml forms have a prefix of 'XML Forms' and are at the end of the picklist.
Added a 'New Entry' button to Index page, you can now go to the Entry page without having to go to the log first.
Fixed the Refresh functionality on the Entry and Log pages.
Updated the where clause printing on a refresh.
Added the word search parameter to the printed where clause.
Display the where clause on the Entry page.
Added a check for no toolbars in the config file.
Added a specific exception for an invalid config file.
Set the session time out to -1 (infinite) for the FormMaker.jsp, and reset it to 3 hours when returning to Entry.jsp. This should allow for infinite time to fill out forms.
Made Submit on users forms case insensitive
Preserved the order of form elements in the user forms.
Fixed the category names in the pick topic list.